Thursday, April 16, 2009

Updates

Well I haven't written anything in a while. I'm not used to keeping up blogs. I attended the Firehouse World Expo in San Diego in February. It was low attendance. The basic thing was meeting people though. I met two FDNY members there. One had just been honored as Rescuer of the Year. He was overwhelmed by my display, my posters and memorial memorabilia I had with me. I gave him and his friend the last two hero medals I had. I also met John White. Founder of Fire Fighters For Christ. It was such a pleasure to meet him! I believe I made a few other good connections.

I recently had one speaking engagement - a woman's church group. The same week I had several visitors. I had the opportunity to host a couple Ireland fire fighters - members of Fire Fighters For Christ - at Pelco and give them a tour of the memorial and museum. The weekend following, I had visitors from New York. A gentleman who is FDNY retired and his wife. Local fire fighters helped me honor them. Learning their story more deeply really tugged at the heart strings. The Brownie Lady also came and helped make the time so special. Then she and I hit up some of the local fire houses and did what she does best. Showing love and appreciation to our local bravest.

And that is what I have been up to. May you all stay safe and may God richly bless you.

Time to get back to work promoting.

No comments: